Saturday, February 23, 2008

Life's like that

I was staying at a hut in Sri lanka where there are rats in the ceiling and snake around the compound.

One morning, I was sitting at the door , where there was some in the roof of the hut and the rats just fly down from the roof , followed by the snake with a thump when landing. the rats went into hiding and the snake just slide into the vegetation - thus has no lunch.

After our lunch, My friends and i contuine our meditation sitting.

At about 4 pm, my friend packed his sitting mat and realised that the rat was under the sitting mat and is dead.

So we buried the rat with some chanting.

Well, Life's like that . When your time is up, it's up ( you go ) .

I think the rat was lucky in the sense that he/she has prayers for send off rather than 被那个eaten by a snake.

June 1997

No comments: